The Mid Database Administrator is responsible for build, automation, support, management, and optimization of Databases, with oversight and guidance from Database Engineers for databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server on Windows or Linux Servers. Databases may be developed in house, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), or Government off-the-shelf (GOTS).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Research, recommend, and implement best practices for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Document and provide training to junior team members for new and existing solutions.
- Mentor team members to ensure skills transfer for systems under this position’s oversight.
- Provide reporting for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Serve as first step of escalation for anything related to hosted Database Systems.
- Improves existing processes for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Software and systems support in analyzing, troubleshooting, testing and making recommendations related to systems environment.
Minimum Required Experience:
- At the Database Administrator level, 3+ years of required experience in any of the following Database Systems in an Enterprise Datacenter:
- Microsoft SQL