The Junior GIS Specialist is responsible for the support, management, and optimization of GIS systems, with oversight and guidance from GIS and Senior GIS Specialists for software such as ESRI ArcGIS Software Suites, ESRI Portal for ArcGIS, and supporting software.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Implement best practices for systems over which this position has been designated responsible, following guidance provided by GIS and Senior GIS Specialists.
- Provide reporting for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Perform initial troubleshooting and routine support for hosted GIS systems.
- Validate all relevant metadata, especially the abstract and attribution, based on standards set by the GIS and Senior GIS Specialists.
- Software and systems support in analyzing, troubleshooting, testing and making recommendations related to systems environment.
Minimum Required Experience:
- At the Junior GIS Specialist level, required experience for the position are: relevant education, training, or professional experience with any of the requisite GIS and/or associated software utilized.
- GIS software utilized:
- ESRI ArcGIS
- ESRI Portal for ArcGIS
- Operating Systems (Windows Server)
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Citrix XenDesktop
|Clearance||Active Secret DoD Clearance|