Senior/Mid-Level- Android Software Engineers/Developers (Hybrid)
ODME Solutions, LLC
We Engineer Solutions that Deliver Results. Fast, Effective, and Efficient
About ODME Solutions, LLC
ODME Solutions, LLC., is a Government contractor that provides talented Subject Matter Expertise in Engineering Services, C4ISR Systems Integration, Testing & Evaluation, Software Engineering and Development, Cybersecurity and information Assurance, Risk Management, Network and Cloud Engineering, and Configuration Management.
ODME Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a Sr. Android Software Engineer to join our team and provide Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP®) support to our customer. The work location for this position is in San Diego, CA (Hybrid). Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
This engineer will work as part of the engineering team to design, code, and test new software for our fast-paced geospatial projects. This engineer will work within a server-client architecture environment to build applications for the Android platform aimed at a range of Android devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of Android focused development experience and they would have published multiple apps to the Google Play Store.
- Work with Product Owner and Scrum Master to ensure stellar results.
- Primary Android developer for our mobile team.
- Design, Implement, and Test new features on our Android mobile app.
- Debug, Fix and Test issues, providing quick turnaround to support an enjoyable customer experience
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of Android focused development experience and they would have published multiple apps to the Google Play Store.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, and different versions of Android with ease.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Have a high standard for code quality, design, and architecture.
- Preferred Skills:
- Familiar with GIT.
- Familiar with Azure DevOps.
- Familiar with Firebase Crashlytics.
- Familiar with Google Location Services API.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Passion for creating great user experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well within a team.
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
ODME Solutions, LLC shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet ODME’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in ODME’s sole discretion.