Systems Administrator and Infrastructure Support
ODME Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a Systems Administrator and Infrastructure Support to join our team and provide support at Naval Base Point Loma, CA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position:
Develops, tests, implements, and maintains operating system and related software and security baseline in accordance with security standards. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters in accordance with performance goals.
Provide storage system operations and operate server and storage appliances. Analyze and resolve common problems related to servers and storage. Install patches and perform system updates per Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements. Manage Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems and performs first level performance and capacity monitoring for Service Monitoring and Control. Enforce security policy for protecting data, shared resources, including files and folders.
Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries. Demonstrated experience in primarily a Windows environment; file systems; hardware experience with computer systems, peripherals, cabling, and Voice Over IP; ability to work independently or coordinate with a team; and good communication skills. Three (3) to five (5) years of specialized experience in Windows systems administration, preferably in the operations and maintenance of a large LAN (more than 500 users). Demonstrated experience in work of a technical nature at progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US citizen with a minimum Secret government clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related fields
- Security Required: Secret
- OS Required (any of the following): Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), or equivalent.
- Desired (any of the following): ITIL v4 Fundamentals, ITIL v3 Foundation
- Minimum of five years of experience configuring, hardening, tuning, and managing Windows Systems
- Minimum of five years of experience configuring, updating, monitoring, and maintaining Windows Systems
- Minimum of five years of experience maintaining system security and accreditation documentation
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience as a systems administrator
- Proficiency in using tools for handling files, directories, and command-line environments
- Ability to create simple shell scripts
- Management of users, groups and containers
- Use of partitions and logical volumes to set up local storage
- Creation of file systems and relevant attributes, including permissions and encryption
- Maintain and update system documentation (such as diagrams, schematics, and procedures)
- Research and make recommendations on Information Systems optimization and security
- Provides a status report of tasks on current projects weekly and at end of the month
- Experience supporting the open and closing of laboratories and data centers
Salary: $80,00 – $90,000
ODME Solutions, LLC shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet ODME’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in ODME’s sole discretion.