About ODME Solutions, LLC
We Engineer Solutions that Deliver Results. Fast, Effective, and Efficient
ODME Solutions, LLC., is a Government contractor that provides talented Subject Matter Expertise in Engineering Services, C4ISR Systems Integration, Testing & Evaluation, Software Engineering and Development, Cybersecurity and information Assurance, Risk Management, Network and Cloud Engineering, and Configuration Management.
ODME Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a Systems Administrator III (Linux) to join our team and provide support to the Naval Sea Warfare Center (NSWC). The work location for this position is Norco, CA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for this position include:
Develops, tests, implements, and maintains operating system and related software and security baseline in accordance with security standards. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters in accordance with performance goals.
Provide storage system operations and operate server and storage appliances. Analyze and resolve common problems related to servers and storage. Install patches and perform system updates per Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements. Manage Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems and performs first level performance and capacity monitoring for Service Monitoring and Control. Enforce security policy for protecting data, shared resources, including files and folders.
Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries. Demonstrated experience in primarily a Linux environment; file systems; hardware experience with computer systems, peripherals, cabling, and Voice Over IP; ability to work independently or coordinate with a team; and good communication skills. Three (3) to five (5) years of specialized experience in Windows systems administration, preferably in the operations and maintenance of a large LAN (more than 500 users). Demonstrated experience in work of a technical nature at progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US citizen with a minimum Secret government clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related fields
- Security Required: Security+
- OS Required (any of the following): Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1, Linux+
- Desired (any of the following): ITIL v4 Fundamentals, ITIL v3 Foundation
- 5+ years of experience configuring, hardening, tuning, and managing Windows Systems
- 5+ years of experience configuring, updating, monitoring, and maintaining Windows Systems
- 5+ years of experience maintaining system security and accreditation documentation
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a systems administrator
- Proficiency in using tools for handling files, directories, and command-line environments
- Ability to create simple shell scripts
- Management of users, groups and containers
- Use of partitions and logical volumes to set up local storage
- Creation of file systems and relevant attributes, including permissions and encryption
- Maintain and update system documentation (such as diagrams, schematics, and procedures)
- Research and make recommendations on Information Systems optimization and security
- Provides a status report of tasks on current projects weekly and at end of the month
- Experience supporting the open and closing of laboratories and data centers
ODME Solutions, LLC shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet ODME’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in ODME’s sole discretion.